Thursday, December 3, 2015

Ballet is Hard!

     In case you didn't know, ballet takes a lot of work. Ballerinas have to be flexible, strong, graceful, and have character and good form.
     All of the girls in my class have issues with at least one of these things. Same goes for me. Being a ballerina also requires having a good work ethic. To be flexible, I have to stretch daily. I have been stretching as much as I can since August, and I am getting closer and closer to a split. Even though I've been doing dance for 11 years, I never worked to be more flexible. That's mostly because I wasn't pushed, and I was lazy. I would color or play piano rather than stretch. Because of that, I am a late bloomer. I know what I'm supposed to look like, but I can't make my body do it. Everyone has something they need to work towards perfecting. It's really difficult! But after all the blood, sweat, and tears, I know I can be a good dancer.
     As a dancer, I will see other dancers and think, "They are so much better than I am." I know that this is not a good thing. I am not the best dancer, but I am a better dancer than I was a month ago. It's not about being better than everyone else, but being better than yourself.
     Now that I'm done speeching about that, I would like to repeat that ballet is hard. I'll let you know when I reach my goal for a split!

-Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment