Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rainbows

     For me, rainbows signify two things: Gods promise to Noah and diversity. Today, if you see someone with a rainbow filter on their profile picture on Facebook, it probably has something to do with being gay. There is a ton of controversy about being gay (notice how I put "ton" in bold, italics, and underline. I can't emphasize it enough). So here I am, making even more controversy by sharing my opinions. But guess what? I'm gonna do it anyway. 
     I have nothing against people who are gay. They, as humans, are no different from everyone else. Everyone in this world has different beliefs, and that's okay. I will support them as people, but that does not mean I agree with their choices. The Bible says this: 

     "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." -Leviticus 18:22

     God designed men and women specifically for each other. 
     God also says these:
     
     "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?"
-James 4:12

     "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." -John 13:34

     We Christians should be accepting only perfect people everyone into the church. We should be reaching out to people who need help instead of shunning them for their sins. 

     "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," -Romans 3:23

     Some people say, "They can't help it if they're gay," and they're probably right, only because they are of the world instead of God. Someone who is of God is filled with the Holy Spirit and follows his instructions. We should pray for these people instead of degrading them. Not only for gays, but for addicts and criminals, for everyone who does not know God. 
     In the comments, let me know what you're thinking.
     


-Dakota

     

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring post.

    Mason
    Alex's Ninja Minion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm glad to hear that someone appreciated it.

      Delete