Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hello Again

     Hey there. I have been inactive for the past few months. I could blame this on holidays, dance, or the other pile of things going on. They did play a part in it, but that's not the real reason.
     I got a blog because I like to read, write, and share my opinion. The issue is, when I try to write a post, I get writer's block. It's not because I have nothing to write about, but it's because I don't want to write something stupid and get judged for it. I don't want people to judge me for choosing a certain topic or being an amateur writer. I want to express what I'm thinking and give other people the opportunity to read it.
     Lots of people say they won't judge you, but sometimes, as humans, we judge without thinking about it. Not only can judging be hurtful to the person you're judging, it can be hurtful to you. If you're constantly judging people who are "lesser" than you, you gain your self-confidence from putting others down. If you judge people who are "perfect", you put yourself down because you are not as "perfect" as they are. I am who I am, and you are who you are. Everybody's different. What would the world be like if we were all the same? Boring. I don't judge people on appearance or talent. Are you awful at painting, but you do it anyway? Congratulations, I'm not judging. Props to you for trying. Do you post pictures of your Starbucks on Instagram? Congratulations. I personally wouldn't do that, but go ahead. I won't judge you. Do you like to sit in your pajamas eating Lucky Charms and watching Dora? Congratulations, have a nice time. My point is, if you enjoy doing something or want to try something new, just do it. *insert John Cena* If you end up hating it, at least you tried.
     Ultimately, God is the only one whose judging matters in the end. But there is one thing I will judge you for. Your attitude. I don't care if you have a seemingly "flawless" face. If you have a crappy attitude, you can be sure that I won't enjoy your company. If you're fake, I won't trust you. If you're kind, I will make an effort to be in your presence. Sometimes we make mistakes and come across as rude or ignorant without trying to. I understand that. But if you always have a bad attitude and you know it, that means you are too lazy to make even yourself happy. So why should I think that being around you would make me happy? You don't care about how you act, so you won't change it. You aren't the center of the universe. You still matter, but so does everyone else. Everyone is equally special. 
     The happiest people are the ones who realize that life isn't all about them and God is the only one who can help them fulfill their purpose on this earth. You might not think paying for someone's food or giving them a card would be a big deal, but it might be to them. You could bless so many people just by turning your focus away from yourself. Share that last donut, no matter how much you love chocolate frosting.

"Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven..."
-Matthew 5:12



-Dakota
    

No comments:

Post a Comment