Sunday, November 15, 2015

I Am a Murderer

     Okay, so I'm not actually a murderer, but I did kill something.
     Yesterday, I went hunting with my grandpa. I woke up at 4:45 and sneaked around the house trying not to wake anyone up. Which was a fail. I woke up my mom, who then blow-dried my wet hair, made me put my lunch in containers instead of bags (so it wasn't as noisy), and kindly informed me that the outside light turns on by itself. I say "kindly" because it was actually said in a kind voice, even though I hit the wrong light switch and turned on the lights right by her open bedroom door...
      Anyway, we got into the woods (*sings the opening song from Into the Woods*) at 6:15 and began our hunt. We weren't out there for very long when we saw three deer come down a trail on the opposite hill. We had to wait a minute or two for the biggest one to walk into the open and give us a good shot. I had to give myself a pep talk on remaining calm and focusing on the deer. Then I pulled the trigger, and the loud bang made me nearly deaf for the next few minutes. The doe tried to run back up the hill, but she fell pretty quickly. Then we sat around for almost an hour so we wouldn't disturb the woods too much (we are not superstitious about woods. If we got the deer too early we would disturb other deer which might cause them to not come back to that area).
     That is how I got my first deer. I could give all the gory details of how we took care of it after that, but I'll let you live for now :)

- Dakota


1 comment:

  1. LOL Dakota ur like so totally hilarious!! OMG i just got a text saying i get to go get a pumpkin spice latte gotta go! bai

    ReplyDelete