Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Plans

     Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Yay! So, I thought I'd blog about my plans for the week.
     Today, my immediate family will be getting together at my grandma and grandpa's house for supper. It's really special, considering that my one uncle lives in the South and my other uncle and his family live nearly 3 hours away.
     Every year, we go to my great aunts house (as mentioned before). The whole family on my grandma's side comes, and we have a blast. We usually show up around 11:00 and wait for everyone else to arrive. When everyone is there, we pray, get our food buffet style, and sit wherever our nametag is. We usually have about six tables spreading from the kitchen into the living room. Then we eat the usual turkey, stuffing, corn, bread rolls, and mashed potatoes, plus whatever other food people decide to bring that year. My mom is going to take bean dip and pumpkin pie. (Here's a secret. I've never eaten pumpkin pie)
     Then we do whatever. The dessert sits out for the rest of the day, encouraging unhealthy snacking. Usually the guys go outside to play football, the girls talk while looking at sale fliers, and the kids run around and play together. In the evening, we play games. I usually end up playing with the kids for most of the time.
     When the day is over, I will head out with my aunt to go Black Friday shopping. This year, she will be hosting a mother-daughter pair of foreign exchange students. It should be interesting, especially since the daughter is my age :)

-Dakota


No comments:

Post a Comment