Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My Thanksgiving Project

    Hello again :)
    In my family, we have a big annual get-together at my great aunt's house. I was one of the youngest kids for as long as I can remember, until a few years ago when all the older people started to get married and have kids. Now there are eleven kids under 6! I really enjoy playing with these kids, and they're always excited to see me too.
    I learned to crochet when I was 8, and I recently made a Pinterest account. I was bored one day and started to look up crochet things. I found a whole bunch of amigurumi (crochet animal) patterns and became obsessed with making them. I bought a whole bunch of yarn, crochet hooks, thread, etc. My mom constantly asked, "Who are you making that for?" when she saw me doing a project. That's when I got this bright idea to crochet stuffed animals for a few of my little cousins and give one to each of them on Thanksgiving.
    I have completed a cat with a tutu and a yellow mouse. That's it. I have a lot of work ahead of me. A few of the gifts will be for Christmas because I know I can't finish all of them by then. I am almost finished with a giraffe, a mouse lovey (stuffed animal blanket thing), and I haven't even started on the penguin. 
     Some of the patterns were free, and a few of them were only available on Etsy. Most of the patterns I have are from littlemuggles.com. It'll be a lot of fun to finish them up and give them to the kids :)

-Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment