Monday, April 4, 2016

Bible Quizzing

     It's been a pretty crazy weekend (as mentioned in last post), and it was mostly due to Bible Quizzing. After every regular season, we have Quiz Camp, where we quiz against all the teams instead of just with our own age group. We have to remember all four sections of scripture (9 chapters!) and try to win the championship quiz. My team got 7th (out of 14 teams), but our last quiz was really close. The team that beat us (the team my best friend was on) barely squeezed ahead of us in the end. Although I was disappointed that we didn't make it farther, we got to go on the zip line instead :) 
We did the best we could do, and it was fun. During our free time, we got to play in the gym, play carpet ball and ping-pong, and watch other quizzes. We hiked up a steep mountainside and slid down singing songs at the top of our lungs (aka basically I was the only one singing, but oh well). In the evening, everyone's families came to watch the championship quiz. The top three teams battled it out, and they had a close quiz too. Everyone did really well. The team that my brother and sister-at-heart were on won. Then we had rewards for teams and individuals. My best friend was in 10th, my brother in 9th, and I was 8th. Another good friend of mine got 3rd, and my sister-at-heart got a special reward for being a nice person. Overall, it was a great weekend, and I know I'll be thankful for all the scripture that is forever stuck in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment