Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dreams

     There are two types of dreams. The hopes and wishes we have for our future, and the hallucinations we have while sleeping. 
     So first off, hallucination dreams. Most of these dreams are really random and might include stuff from that day. I had a dream one time that I went to a festival, the dog from Little House on the Prairie belonged to my Grandma, and my shirtless brother died in my arms. Guess what happened that day? I went to a festival, watched Little House on the Prairie, and I have absolutely no clue where the dying brother thing came from. Sometimes I try to think about something while I'm falling asleep so I can dream about it. This usually doesn't work. It's awesome when you realize your dream is a dream, because you can experiment with life without any damage actually being done. Although it probably wouldn't actually happen that way in real life, it's fun. 
     Wish dreams are closer to realistic than hallucination dreams. I dream to dance on Broadway someday, and though that probably won't happen, it's still on the list. Some people have dreams that come true because they put hard work toward them instead of just wishing. 
     Both kinds of dreams tend to be fantasy, but it depends on what you do with your dreams that makes them reality. 



-Dakota

2 comments:

  1. I rarely remember my night dreams, but when I do they're usually bizarre. My wish dreams are things that I'm actively trying to make come true. My daydreams are somewhere in the middle. Things that would be nice, but aren't super realistic.
    www.alexschuler.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely remember the good dreams but the nightmares leave me too terrified to fall asleep again and I have those really messed up kind of nightmares too <_< the ones you kid of slip into without realizing you fell asleep so when you're terrorized you think you're actually living it until you kind of slowly slip out of the nightmare the same way you slipped in, relieved that none of it was real. e-e

    ReplyDelete